Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Loyalty Counts!

I have been super busy around here marking product down, and entering new CHA arrivals into the computer here at the shop! Yes, everyday is like Christmas around here! We have a least one box to open everyday! Stop in and check out the new arrivals and some of the old stuff that keeps getting marked down!

So are you wondering what the title for this blog post means? I hope so! I hope I have your full attention! Many of you have been wanting to renew your customer loyalty programs, since they are beginning to expire, and I have kept you from doing so, because I have been thinking of a better way to serve you! So, I had a very good customer in here a few weeks back, and she and I were discussing how this program could benefit her more, and she threw a few ideas out to me, and I have thought about them to see if it would in fact be beneficial, and I think I have came up with a solution! So this is what I have done. I pulled up my top 50 customers, who have spent money in here since the beginning of the year, January.

So this is how our loyalty program will work from here on out. There will be four brackets of savings, and it is all determined on your loyalty to us, and how much you spend with us.....Costco has a similar program allowing money back at the end of the fiscal year. So here it goes, this is how it works.

Discount Chart:
The savings will start once you have spent $300.00 within the store each year.

Bronze: $300.00 up to $599.99 save 5% on all products
Silver: $600.00 up to $999.99 save 10% on all products
Gold: $1000.00 up to $1999.99 save 20% on all products
Loyal: $2000.00 and over. save 25% on all products

If you frequent our shop, and spend with us frequently then your savings will continue to grow. Our computer system takes care of this for us. We will pull a report each month, and only once a month, so your savings can be knocked up a percentage each month depending on your sales. The fun thing with this program is that you will be able to use these discounts with all products, classes, and monthly crops.

***The only thing that these discounts will not apply to is garage sales, guest designers/teachers that we may bring in, and 3 day weekend crop fees. We will also not accept the discount with gift certificate purchases of gift certificates.*** Page of the month students will not be able to use the discount on those specific class kits.

If you are a Copic Club member you will get the higher discount, not both.
example: Copic club members receive a 10% discount, but if you are a loyalty customer who receive as 20% discount you will receive the 20% discount over the 10% discount.

This program is brought to you all without a "membership fee". It is all determined on your monthly spending with us.

We will offer this program through the end of the year as a trial run. If it is a success we will continue this program starting January 1st, and we will start fresh with the year.

So with all of this being said this brings a program to many of you, that are well able to start receiving discounts. We will go ahead and apply your discounts to any future purchases.

I hope you are all as excited as I am!

xoxo,
Coleen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great plan! But I'm not so sure I want to "know" how much I spend. But then again it might be fun to post the top spenders and they could compete to see who is #1.